BEHIND THE NAME: BENNETT

i always knew if we had a girl i wanted a boys name for her. my mom chose one for me and i wanted to continue the tradition. i googled and googled for months and kept thinking i wanted one with a ''c'' to match cash. our top choices were carson, cade (cash and cade, i mean come on), and coy.  but none of these ever felt like ''the one''. i love cade for a boy but for a girl i didn't want people to think her name was caden or cadence etc. and carson was too popular for girls lately. and then coy was going to be if we had a boy so i couldn't imagine it on her. then i asked for suggestions via twitter and a good friend wrote me a list- one of which was bennett. i had seen a little girl on instagram a few weeks before that named bennett and added it to our list but kind of brushed it off because it didn't start with a c.  rewind to even months before that when i was in austin for the ole miss game-- my bff JD and i were talking about names and benny came up. i even texted brett at like 1 AM ''benny suzanne i love it :)''....but again we brushed it off because it didn't start with a c.

after my friend suggested bennett on twitter, everything just kind of made sense and i made the connection between bennett and benny. bennett could be her formal name and we could call her benny. you see, we call cash ''cashy'' so that night i asked brett...how about bennett and call her benny? benny and cashy? and he said, it's perfect. <3 even more perfect that my dad's name is benjamin and that makes it a play off a family name kinda sorta.

plus who doesn't want an excuse to sing b-b-b-b-enny and the jets.

the whole point of this blog post is how it's kind of funny how fate works. i think benny was destined to have this name.  my dad's name is benjamin franklin (I KNOW, I KNOW). and he is named after my grandfather's baby brother who passed away tragically in a car accident at a very young age.  he was so special to my grandfather and his family and the tragedy that they had to go through is just unimaginable.  a few years ago my grandfather gave my dad his brothers wallet, which still had the tire tracks on it from the car accident.  it was a special moment and something my dad cherishes.  so after we announced the name to my parents at christmas, my dad called my grandfather to tell him that we were going to name her bennett and call her benny. and what my grandfather said next will always be so special to me.  he told my dad that his brother benjamin went by the name benny. that was his name. what they called him. what he was known as. and that is when i knew we made the right choice, and i couldn't be happier to have my daughter share his name.

have a great day y'all
xoxo
ryann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEELINGS

SCONCES & SUCH

CHEVRON PILLOW GIVE AWAY!